NEW GYM at the Club - Opening Friday 17th November 2017
The Club is delighted to be installing a full range of Technogym equipment in its new and improved gym. It's out with the old and in with the new, as we strip back the gym to its bare bones and relaunch it fully refurbished, decorated and full of exciting and new cardio, weights and stretching equipment.
The new gym will be open on Friday 17th November from 6.30am.
Our Gym Team have spent two days having bespoke training with Technogym so they can give our members the best introduction to the new equipment and ensure they get the very best out of their new workouts. Whilst some of the equipment will be familiar to our members, and it is still possible to go into the gym and simply press 'Start' to commence a workout, to get the best out of the new kit we recommend having a revised Induction and Programme with one of the Gym Team.
Technogym - The Skill Mill
The Skill Mill is highly versatile and provides a large range of different exercises. All members will require an induction on the Skill Mill which can be booked via reception, alternatively ask the gym team for assistance.
Please see below for further information and a video relating to the Skill Mill.
- You can watch a video of the equipment before attending your induction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Bzmj0FCT4
- The belt is self-powering, when using the Skill Mill step onto the edges, not the belt as it will move.
- The first time you use the Skill Mill, start walking, keeping your chest up and holding onto the handles. Leaning forwards will increase your speed and leaning back will slow your speed. Try to not look at your feet, focus on looking forward and controlling your speed.
- The belt weighs 40kg, the machine is designed to maximise the efficiency of your training from short intense sets.
- The belt is curved; this engages your posterior chain (Glutes, Hamstrings etc). This is perfect for everyone as the majority of the population is weak in their posterior chain muscle group.
Return to News Page